Rental Application Policy and Procedure
Thank you for applying with Kingdom Capital Property Management for your rental needs. Please read through the following documentation so that you are aware and fully understand our application policies and procedures before completing the application. Applications must be complete and all fees paid prior to submission to be considered. Applications are processed on a daily basis and all application fees are nonrefundable.
A complete application will contain:
- $39.95 Application fee for each application submitted (Prospective Tenant Pays)
- Documents Required for Application
- Two Latest Paystubs
- Letter or Proof of Employment
- Two Latest Bank Statements
- Last Two Years Tax Returns
- Photo ID
- Current and Previous Landlord Verification Letter
- Verification of Additional Income
- Security Deposit to hold the property (Optional)
- Deposits are equal to 1 months rent and must be brought to our office in the form of a cashier's check or money order. We can not accept personal checks or cash. We accept deposits on a first come, first serve basis and can hold a property for up to 30 calendar days.
- False information provided by the applicant will constitute grounds for denial of application and forfeit of deposit and/or administration fees.
- If application is approved, security deposit will be retained for the length of lease term, then returned to the tenant, pending final walk through condition/repair analysis.
- If applicant is approved, but decides not to proceed with lease, security deposit will be retained by Kingdom Capital Property Management and not returned to applicant.
All applications must be submitted online, we do not accept paper applications.
General Rental Criteria
Past evictions will be an immediate disqualification.
If you have no prior rental history then you may be asked to provide a qualified co-signer. The co-signer must fill out our application, have a good credit history, meet qualification guidelines, will be on lease and liable to all terms.
Our income requirement is a minimum of three times the rent charged on the residence. Employment/income verification must be verifiable by the property manager. See above for accepted forms of income verification.
Credit Screening Criteria:
|550+||If applicant has: Good rental history, meets income, no evictions, criminal background clean, applicant approved.|
|400-549||If applicant has: Good rental history, meets income, no evictions, clean criminal background, applicant will need double deposit or co-signer.|
|Insufficient Score||If applicant has: Good rental history, meets income, no evictions, criminal background clean, applicant will need double deposit or co-signer.|
|Does not meet Income||Seek co-signer/Consult Property Manager as needed.|
If a Co-signer is required, the Co-signer must meet the following requirements:
- Co-signer must complete the application and pay the application fee.
- Must meet all the same requirements as the applicant and also have credit score of 650 or higher.
- Verifiable income of at least 4.5 times the rental amount.
- Co-signer will be listed on lease and held to all lease terms.
Criminal Background Check
A criminal background check will be conducted for each applicant. Background checks will include:
- Personal Information
- SSN Verification
- Civil Search
- Sex Offender Search
- Global Watchlist Search
- National Criminal Search
- County Criminal Search
A rental application will be automatically denied if any applicant or occupant has been convicted of or has received deferred adjudication for:
- Any federal felony offense (or offense in another jurisdiction classified in a category similar to a federal felony offense) related to property damage, or of a violent or sexual nature.
- Misdemeanor or felony offenses for which a person is required to register as a sex offender.
- Any federal felony offense (or offense in another jurisdiction classified in a category similar to a federal felony offense) related to the manufacture or distribution of controlled substances occurring within the past seven years.
Kingdom Capital Property Management requires that tenants must provide proof of renter’s insurance prior to move-in.
We do not charge a monthly pet rent, we simply charge an upfront fee for each pet living in the home. Pet fees are nonrefundable.
- Dogs larger than 40 lbs = $300 (per animal)
- Dogs smaller that 40 Ibs = $200 (per animal)
- Cats = $150 (per animal)
***Limit 2 pets per household***
Service or Companion Animals
Service or companion animals will always be accepted, provided documentation is submitted. A pet deposit will not be charged for a service or companion animal. (Documentation required)
Kingdom Capital Property Management does business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law. (The Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988) Agents understand that it is illegal to discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or National Origin. This applies in the sale or rental of housing or residential lots. It also applies to advertising, the sale or rental of housing and the financing or appraisal process. In addition, blockbusting is illegal. To assure tenants or buyers that we do not discriminate we display the Equal Housing Opportunity posters in our office.